[Coco] 63C09EP limited source

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Sep 19 08:45:41 EDT 2006

Mark

These surplus houses deal in customers t hat need small replacement stock and/or need
parts quickly. Richardson speacializes in manufacturering obsolete ICs. Over the past six
years or so , most chip makers have sold their mask sets to Richardson and have allowed t
hem to make replacement chips. Simply it was cheaper for teh c h hip makers to do so,
than to keep older fabrication equiptment runing doing very low production runs. Problem
with Richardson is there is up to 26 weeks lead time to get the parts. I would imagine that if
the surplus houses get to high in prices,  they will out price the market. At $30 a unit that
maybe now happening.

I bought my 4 HD63C09EPs on Ebay about three years ago at less than $3 each. I bought
MC68B09EPs at less than a $1 each.,

james