[Coco] Booting NitrOS9 from Drive 1

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Sun Sep 17 22:24:34 EDT 2006

Fred,

The 4th to last byte (the one just before the 3 byte CRC) of the boot
module holds the drive # to boot from.  It is by default, 0, and
changing it to 1 should allow it to boot from Drive 1.

Note that your bootfile's /DD device should be a copy of your /D1
descriptor for the boot to be successful.
--
Boisy G. Pitre
337.781.3570 mobile
email: boisy at boisypitre.com
Website: www.boisypitre.com

"If there is truth to the proposition that knowing the past helps us
to understand the present, I believe there is at least as much truth
to the proposition that what we know of the present is crucial to our
understanding of the past.  What we have not ourselves experienced or
observed we can at most only partially and imperfectly comprehend;
and I suspect that there is much in history that is so remote from
our own experiences or observations as to be largely beyond our
understanding." - Kenneth M. Stamp