[Coco] Booting NitrOS9 from Drive 1

Fred D. Provoncha fredprov5 at usfamily.net
Sun Sep 17 21:52:02 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

Here's a pretty simple question that I'm sure several of you may be able
to answer. What do I need to do to get configure a boot disk so that it
will successfully boot NitrOS9 from Drive 1 of a 2-drive Coco system? I
can create boot disks that boot from Drive 0 but none of them of course
can boot when put into Drive 1. I type in DOS1, Drive 1's light comes on
for a second, goes out, and then Drive0's light comes on and waits for
me to insert a boot disk into Drive 0.

I think I have it narrowed down to the boot module that is installed on
the boot track during the process of creating the boot disk. The boot
module I'm using is boot_1773_6ms, which comes with the standard NitrOS9
distribution. It looks like that module is configured to search for the
OS9Boot file in Drive 0. How do I change that?

Fred Provoncha
Stansbury Park, UT

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---