[Coco] Weird errors(DSK images.. NOT!!)

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Sat Sep 16 15:08:09 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Boisy Pitre"

> After looking at the xmode.asm source and examining the compatibility
> issue that has plagued users of tmode, I am considering a different
> approach than the one I expressed in the email below.  Specifically,  I am
> considering resurrecting the old tmode/xmode utilities and  renaming the
> current "new syntax" tmode/xmode to some variant, such  as tmode2/xmode2
> and including those as part of an enhanced utilities  package that would
> also include things like bawk and other commands.   This utility package
> would be downloadable as a separate disk image  alongside NitrOS-9.

 Since there is currently no way to put a DSK file into my coco and make a
disk... and it's impossible for me to do so on this XP box, how about
someone would develop a way to convert a DSK file to a disk on a coco? It's
quite easy for me to transfer the DSK file from this XP box to my coco via
the RS232 port. Been transferring stuff since W-95.

 It's odd that someone hasn't built an application to create a DISK from a
DSK image on a coco, or at least get the files out of it. After all, it's
all about the coco!!!, by golly.

 Also, if one or two applications, such as Tmode2 and Xmode2 are the object,
why put them on a DSK image? If they were separate files, I would just
transfer the two files from this box, to the coco, set the attributes and
viola! a working app.

 If I only used an emulator on this XP box, then I could understand the DSK
stuff. However, I use a COCO3!.  Please make two files, one for the coco and
one for the emulator.

 Actually(in this case) it would be three files. DOH!

K.I.S.S. !!

George