[Coco] Re: Other languages for OS-9

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Fri Sep 15 11:44:19 EDT 2006

Alex Evans wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Joel Ewy wrote:
>
>> Not sure about Python, but somebody from the EFFO emailed me a binary of
>> Perl for 68K probably 10 years ago.  ...
>
> I have a copy of perl 5.8.0 running on m68k.  I also have a reasonably
> recent Python and ruby binary for m68k.  If you have a recent enough
> version of gcc up and running getting these interpreters up and
> running isn't too difficult.

Cool!  Define "recent enough".  I'm afraid all I have for the MM/1 is
stuff circa '96-'97.  Are there more recent versions floating around as
compiled binaries?  [Checking rtsi.com...]  Ah, I see there's a 2.5.8 up
there.  I haven't been keeping up.

Have you used Perl much on a 68K machine?  What hardware do you have,
and what's the performance like?