[Coco] Broken Syntax (Was: Weird errors)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Sep 13 05:56:48 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 04:53, Willard Goosey wrote:
>>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:21:03 -0400
>>From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>
>>
>>Bash is, at the moment:
>>
>>[amanda at coyote src]$ ls -l /bin/bash
>>-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 593304 Mar 11  2004 /bin/bash
>
>Wow!  It's shrunk!!!!
>skywarp:~$ ll /bin/bash
> 620 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root bin  628640 Jun 23  2003 /bin/bash*
>
>Or maybe you've just got a better procesor than my x86 linux box?

[root at coyote src]# uname -a
Linux coyote.coyote.den 2.6.18-rc7 #1 PREEMPT Tue Sep 12 23:39:13 EDT 2006
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

>>OTOH, because it is so capable a language all by itself, I'm doing
>> things in a shell script that I would have used basic09 for on the
>> coco, or ARexx for on the amiga.
>
>Oh, definitely.  A BASH script can do just about anything.  I like to
>collect weird scripting languages, but BASH is the one I turn to when
>I actually need to get something done.

Yeah, I have some bash wrapped around amanda, in several pieces, probably
near 20k all told, but when that (v)tape is finished, it is a bare metal
recovery capable backup.  Indices & such that aren't complete when amanda
is running are appended to the tape after amanda is all done, so
everything is uptodate.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)