[Coco] Broken Syntax (Was: Weird errors)

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Wed Sep 13 04:53:45 EDT 2006

>Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 04:21:03 -0400
>From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

>Bash is, at the moment:
>
>[amanda at coyote src]$ ls -l /bin/bash
>-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 593304 Mar 11  2004 /bin/bash

Wow!  It's shrunk!!!!
skywarp:~$ ll /bin/bash
 620 -rwxr-xr-x    1 root bin  628640 Jun 23  2003 /bin/bash*

Or maybe you've just got a better procesor than my x86 linux box?

>OTOH, because it is so capable a language all by itself, I'm doing things
>in a shell script that I would have used basic09 for on the coco, or ARexx
>for on the amiga.

Oh, definitely.  A BASH script can do just about anything.  I like to
collect weird scripting languages, but BASH is the one I turn to when
I actually need to get something done.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA