[Coco] [Color Computer] FYI: USB Modules & Add-Ons

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Sep 5 08:11:25 EDT 2006

On 4 Sep 2006 at 20:52, Mark Marlette wrote:

> james,
>
> I would agree...I'm an Atmel fan.

I became an HC11 fan simply by default of using so many of them at work in
products that were designed. But now that Freescale seems to be letting the
HC11 line go into obsolescence, I will definitely be looking at other micro
controllers. The one t hing t hat I do like about the Microchip 16LF877A part is
that port D can be used as a parallel slave port. You can map it as a peripheral
port to the Coco and read and write to the 16LF877A as a memory location.This
opens the device up to some interesting uses for the Coco.

james