[Coco] [Color Computer] Drivewire - first impressions

drag0n1969 chen.herzog at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 10:22:04 EDT 2006

Last week I have received from Boisy Pitre of Cloud9 their DriveWire
product. After a week of usage, I reckon that for $40 this is the
ultimate upgrade for the Coco.

I was really impressed with the easy and straightforward setup
process and with the speed of communication with the PC server.

Once installed, your PC acts as a virtual hard/floppy drive for the
CoCo both under DECB (using a special version of HDB-DOS that is
included) and under Nitros-9.
As an added bonus, you even get a real time clock for NitrOS9
(syncing with the PC clock).

For me, this is actually a cheap alternative for getting a hard
drive for the Coco. Data transfer seems faster than floppy disk –
and the fact that drivewire uses the standard .DSK format means that
the DSK images I download are now only one click away from being
used on my CoCo3.

Do not be discouraged by the message on Cloud9's homepage, as they
do continue to sell their Software products, including Drivewire.

As a challenge to Boisy – I do wish that future versions will enable
the PC server to share its printer as well!

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: