[Coco] Reading and Writing CoCo RSDOS disks on PC

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Oct 8 03:39:13 EDT 2006

Yup.  Since my dual P3-500 machine died a few months back (after 5+ years 24x7), looking over the replacement kit is definitely a serious operation.  The stuff changes a bit faster than back when I was under 30 and the Korean Coco2 was the latest thing yet I was loyal to my grey 32k button/real 64k machine that I'd had for years.  (Well, I was doing my real work on a TRS-80 Model 16 at the time, supplanted by an AT&T 3B1 after SoCal Edison murdered the 16).

The 16's replacement, a T6kHD, is the only machine I own (La Esposa has an XP laptop) that boots a Microsoft OS, unless you count numerous BASIC ROMs (Mod 1, 4, 100, Coco 1, 2, 3) to be operating systems.  Not that MS ever actually gave much support to Xenix -- for several years, I was the main tech support for Tandy 68k Xenix in southron California.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  Denis Diderot

From: "Bruce W. Calkins" <brucewcalkins at charter.net>