fpo9 wasRe: [Coco] NitrOS-9 Team:

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Sat Oct 7 04:27:48 EDT 2006

>Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 07:57:22 -0400

>The IEE754 did go to Draft 10. I am not sure what
>was the final release in 1985, Draft 8 or Draft 10. From what I
>gather most were implementing Draft 8 of the spec. What I also gather
>is that draft 10 may have removed the requirements for Decimal
>Floating Point, which is apart of the MC6839 code.

Humm, I'm not real familiar with the details of the history behind the
IEEE floating-point standards.

By the time draft 10 came out, the programmers were probably either
working on something completely different, or were busy porting their
code to the 68K.

>ALso I have what appears to be the assemble source code for the
>bianry file that is contained on RSTI. I don't think any of the files
>on RSTI has the assembly source.

Ohh, you should upload the source to RTSI, then.

>Not sure what assembler was used to generate the binary file. Thought
>of one day porting it to 6309 compatible.

Motorola had lots of strange 6809 machines, and lots of strange
opertating systems running on them, supporting lots of strange
assemblers.  If we're really lucky, the source might be for the
standard cross-assembler, with m4 or something reasonable.

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA
   --- Yacko