fpo9 wasRe: [Coco] NitrOS-9 Team:

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Oct 6 07:57:22 EDT 2006

On 6 Oct 2006 at 0:27, Willard Goosey wrote:

> The code contained in the 6839 ROM is available on RTSI in
> OS9/OS9_6X09/PROG/fpo9.lzh and fpo9_FloatingPoint.lzh
>
> Yes, the ROM held (or would have held) an OS-9 subroutine module. :-)
>
> Willard

Willard

What is on RSTI is the binary ROM image and how to use the module. It  is
IEEE754 Draft 8. The IEE754 did go to Draft 10. I am not sure what was the final
release in 1985, Draft 8 or Draft 10. From what I gather most were implementing
Draft 8 of the spec. What I also gather is that draft 10 may have removed the
requirements for Decimal Floating Point, which is apart of the MC6839 code.

There is an ongoing movement for the last six years to merge IEEE854 with
IEEE754. IEEE854 is radix free floating point math.

ALso I have what appears to be the assemble source code for the bianry file that
is contained on RSTI. I don't think any of the files on RSTI has the assembly
source. Not sure what assembler was used to generate the binary file. Thought of
one day porting it to 6309 compatible.

james