[Coco] [Color Computer] Nitros9 Boot file

Jim Hickle jlhickle at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 22:01:49 EST 2006

Good idea. Though my problem is that usually the new boot from os9gen doesn't work.

david_g21120 <david_g21120 at yahoo.com> wrote: I don't know of a maximum boot file size, but what I have found is an
easy way to create boot lists.
What I do is to use dynastar to edit a copy of the boot list so it
includes all of the modules I have (from OS-9 level1 ver 2.00.00 to
the current version of NitrOS9) and just comment out the inactive
ones. Then use os9gen to create a boot file on floppy to test with.
Once I have a stable bootfile, I un-comment additional modules untill
I get the result I'm looking for.
--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, Gene Heskett
wrote:

> On Monday 20 November 2006 23:02, jlhickle wrote:
> >Is there a maximum allowed size for a level 2 OS9Boot file?
> >
> >Better yet, can anyone direct me to docs pertaining to the Nitros9
> >boot process?  I'm spend hours moving stuff around to get a working
> >bootlist,  and have to repeat the process everytime I need to add a
> >module.
> >
> >I now consider it a victory if the screen shows "NitrOS9 Boot
Failed"