[Coco] FD501

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 15:41:13 EST 2006

Chester A Patterson wrote:
> Tricky devils.

<RANT>
Why oh why do manufatureres feel the need to do this, there is a
standard using jumpers/dip switches. This of course has the parctical
disadvantage that (like the IBM twisted cable), that drive 0 must always
be in the same position on the cable, which is prolly ok in the standard
  Tandy drive enclosure, but can be a real pain in the butt, when you
come to put the drives in a different enclosure and the cable isn't
quite long enough to reach both the drives and the controler in the
config that Tandy (or IBM etc) forces upon you.... Ok so it means you
don't have to change jumpers but it's not *THAT* difficult...
</RANT>

Phill.