[Coco] Running 5.25" drives with Win 2000

Dan Olson dano at agora.rdrop.com
Tue Nov 21 01:38:33 EST 2006

> The problem I seem to be having isn't with Windows 2000
> (not XP) but with the Motherboard of the one PC I am
> trying to work with.  I set the system up to have two 3.5"
> drives, and only the A drive works.  The B drive does not
> work.  I swapped drives ( A<->B) and only the A drive
> works, regardless of the 3.5" drive connected to it.

Sure sounds like a BIOS set to have drive B disabled or not installed.  In
those cases, you can "disk A:" and "disk B:" which both share physical
drive A and you get asked to swap disks so that the one being accessed is
in the drive.  Maybe the BIOS isn't handling the drive B setting correctly
(which I assume you have set to the correct drive type)?

 	Dan