[Coco] Dos ROMS.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Nov 19 12:25:53 EST 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 11:27, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm just implementing multiple DOS rom support in Mess, I have it
>working correctly for the Dragon, so that now you can select which of
>the following dos roms you want to use : DragonDos 1.0, SuperDos E6,
>Cumana Dos, Eurohard DragonDos 4.0 or DosPlus, you can also elect to
>have no dos rom loaded, so that the machine may be booted as cassette
> only.
>
>I would like to implement the same for the CoCo, and have a couple of
>questions.
>
>1) I know there was a 1.0 version of RS-DOS, and that Mess uses RS-DOS
>1.1, is the 1.0 rom available anywhere ?
>
>2) Where there other doses, available also that where compatible with
>the standard RS-DOS cart ?
>
>3) The mess driver for the CoCo3 seems to load the RS-DOS rom twice,
>once at the normal $C000 and also at $E000, is there any special reason
>for this, or is it just down to the address decoding in the RS-DOS cart
> ?

Humm, that addressing seems to be slightly fubar.  IIRC,
RS-DOS (Color Basic) lives at $8000-$9FFF.
Extended Color Basic lives at $A000-$BFFF I believe and
Disk Extended Basic lives at $C000-$DFFF.  Only for the coco3 does
anything live at $E000 and above (that I know of anyway)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)