[Coco] Teac FD235F

Stephen Castello zootzoot at cfl.rr.com
Fri Nov 3 13:01:46 EST 2006

On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 11:10:36 -0600, Chester A Patterson
<vchester at setec-cr.com> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>I picking up a couple of old Tandy V20's (one 1400FD and one 1400LT) in
>order to get their 720k 3.5" FDD's (much cheaper than buying 720k FDD's
>separately)  The 1400FD provided two FDDs with 28 pin connectors. I
>finally got them to work perfectly. The FD I just today tore apart and
>it has two TEAC FD235F units with 34 pin connectors. There is no
>separate power connector, power goes in via the ribbon cable. Does
>anyone know what is the correct hook up for the TEAC FD235F as described
>above? Not just the power but all the lines? Thanks. /Chester

If it's anything like the Sony MP-F63W-72D for the 1000HX, the pin out
is the same as a regular floppy except for the pins expecting the
power.  The power pins are using what on a regular floppy are the
signal ground pins.

Tracing the connections:
3,5,7,9,11 = +5v
13,15,17,19,21,23,25, 27 = power ground