[Coco] Trouble with OmniFlop

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Fri May 26 22:06:32 EDT 2006

At 05:32 PM 5/26/2006, you wrote:
>Bert & Peggy Schneider wrote:
>
>>I've tried everything to get OmniFlop to work.
>>
>>I'm running Windows XP on my HP computer.  I've installed the driver
>>correctly and I can format a 3.5" floppy in RSDOS format.
>>
>>However, when I go to copy files over to the floppy - it doesn't work.
>>
>>Any suggestions?
>>
>>Bert
>
>I finally got a lisence key for the program and find that it (v2.01h) will
>not work on my system. I have sent a bug report to the author and will
>attempt to run any tests the author suggests. Will keep you informed.

What kind of problems are you guys having?  The docs say that OmniFlop
doesn't work with laptops not having internal floppy controllers.  So USB
floppy drives are not supported right now.  I haven't had any problems at
all on my desktop PC.  I use Windows XP and OmniFlop can read/write/format
CoCo floppy disks of all sorts, single- and double-sided.

Please go through the listbox and notice how many CoCo formats there
are.  I don't know why the author lists these formats under so many name
variations, but keep trying all of them until one works.

--
Roger Taylor