[Coco] Serial Data Transfer between PC and CoCo

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu May 25 11:00:29 EDT 2006

Bert & Peggy Schneider wrote:
> Robert
>
> While I can type characters and have them show up on either side (which
> indicates that I have communications) - I'm not sure what kind of file
> transfer protocol the RS-232 ROM PAK has.

You don't want to use the software built into the RS-232 pack. There
should be a copy of Ultimaterm on RTSI. If you can't find it, let me
know and I'll send you a copy. That is a good terminal package for Disk
Basic use.

> Looks like Hyperterminal has
> XModem, YModem, ZModem, and Kermit protocols.  I may have to get some
> more sophisticated terminal software for the CocO - but I need it on
> native CoCo RSDOS formatted CoCo disk, since for some reason, I'm not
> able to get OmniFlop to work (and yes, I do have a desktop computer with
> a built-in floppy drive).

Ultimaterm and Hyperterminal both using x-modem is acceptable but not
perfect. Coco to PC is great but PC to Coco hangs with large files.

When I get the registration code for OmniFlop, I'll be able to test it
and may be able to help you using it.