[Coco] PCCTS

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue May 9 17:22:54 EDT 2006

Well I'm starting to wind down from finals.  One more to go on
Thursday and I'll be done.

One of the fun classes for me this semester was Compiler
Construction.  The semester project for that class consisted of
creating a compiler for an ADA-type language using a toolset known as
PCCTS.  With my project completed and graded, I want to share this
work with anyone who is interested.  The tie-in to the CoCo is that,
besides the compiler, I wrote a back-end for the 6809 that translates
the compiler's i-code into 6809 assembly that is readily assembled by
rma and linked with rlink.

While there are still bugs, this is a fantastic way to introduce a
new high level language for the CoCo, or even to bring a true ANSI C
compiler to the CoCo.  PCCTS has a grammar for an ANSI C front-end
that would make an excellent starting point for our own compiler.

Boisy