[Coco] FPGA CoCo

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Mar 27 11:23:46 EST 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 11:09, jdaggett at gate.net wrote:
>On 27 Mar 2006 at 10:56, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> And then its hurricane season again...  I'd imagine even your place
>> in central FL gets a good summer cleaning occasionally.
>
>We got lucky in 2004 here in Tampa. Charley stayed well enough east of
> us. Ivan was way west. Francis and Jeane stayed north of us but we
> did see some wind damage with down trees and tha kind of stuff. In
> all the 2004 season where I live, we lost power for 3  hours total.
>
>The afternoon thunder storms come rolling in and with the first
> lightning strike it is save and shut down. Theyare generally short
> lived and after an hour or two,one can resume computer activities.
> Thinkingo f installing a decent UPS system to ride through some of
> the  violent summer thunder storms.

I bought a 1500kva belkin several years ago, and have had to replace the
battery last summer, but that puppy has made me immune to those
concerns, even doing gracefull shutdowns when the battery is about
exhausted.  Get all the run minutes you can afford.  Its great peace of
mind.  Also, single point the power into the room, tieing all the
phone, cable and ethernet lines to that point with surge protectors and
you'll never lose another modem when mother nature gets upset cause
somebody called that stuff butter.  The whole room may bounce 20k volts
during a strike, but its the whole room & no individual piece of gear
sees enough difference to hurt anything.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: