[Coco] FPGA CoCo

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Mon Mar 27 03:19:01 EST 2006

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> I am using a Digilent Spartan 2E board and Xilinx Webpack ISE 8.1.  Like
> the Altera software, Webpack is free. There are some minor advantages of
> the the Xilinx software over the Altera. The development board has a 300K
> equivalent gate FPGA on it and is now available for $89 US.

There's nothing really tied to Altera in my design except for the PLL
(generating roughly NTSCx4) and the block ram (easily changed).

Having said that, I'm not sure there's anything that could easily benefit
from another pair of hands. The 6847/6883 go hand-in-hand and is a block of
work that can't really be partitioned.

Seems James has the GIME under control so that takes care of the CoCo 3 as
well...

Regards,