[Coco] FPGA CoCo

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sun Mar 26 22:10:43 EST 2006

jdaggett at gate.net wrote:

> Oh well looks like I may have to step up the pace a bit. The one thing
> that I am trying to do is not tailor my code to one particular board.
> That adds a bit of complexity to the code.

Yes, ditto. I'm working on the 6847/6883 combo atm and the ultimate aim is
to produce a 'core' that can be wrapped by various top levels for different
targets.

> Nice work so far Mark.

Thanks, but there's a *long* way to go. Atm the design borrows heavily from
the tilemap generator of my previous designs - my 6847/6883 are only
providing the video timing/multiplexing so far. Now I need to rip out the
VGA controller and tilemap core and have the 6847 generate the video - which
will in turn be wrapped by a scan-doubler to give VGA output...

Still, it's the sharpest picture I've even seen on a CoCo! ;) (aside from
software emulators of course).

Regards,