[Coco] re:Radio Shack STAMP Developer's Kit

Tony C cappy2112 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 25 13:53:42 EST 2006

There are many beginners stamp packages available.
I picked up a whole bunch of pic stuff (used) from a guy at a very
reasonable price.
But this didn't come with the beginners manuals that these kits provide.
These manuals are very detailed, and at the right pace for most beginners.
Nuts and Volts used to have a monthly article on stamp projects and you used
to be able to download several applications nots in PDF form, either from
Parallax or Scott Edwards.
Scott Edwards (not dilbert) used to sell a Counterfeit stamp kit that was a
lot cheaper than the basic stamp from parallax, but still used the same pic
and I htink the same basic interpreter. I dont think this product is stiall
available though.

Depending on what you want to do, there are already several companies making
midi processors out of pics or pic-like processors.
http://www.ucapps.de/
http://www.midibox.org/dokuwiki/doku.php

The basic stamps  have  some good instructions for doing serial IO, as well
as sending out DTMF tones.
The the instructions really take the drudgery out of setting up the IO line,
but if you're a low-level guy, then this isn't something you'd want.

Message: 1