[Coco] printer ribbons

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Tue Mar 21 22:24:32 EST 2006

Frank,

This is definitely possible.  A daemon could be easily written to
monitor a serial port on the Linux box.  This serial port would be
connected to the CoCo via the bitbanger.  Doing a PRINT #-2 on the
CoCo in BASIC or echoing output to the /p device under NitrOS-9 would
put the output to the bitbanger, and that would be captured by the
daemon on the Linux box, which would forward that data onto a printer
on the Linux system.

Boisy