[Coco] Player 'pianos'

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 22:55:55 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/15/06 9:29:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
neilsmorr at hotpop.com writes:

>I'd  be inclined to try to use a sign cutting machine since they are close
>what is desired. See

Thanks, I'll take a look.  Probably overpowered for cutting paper,  though
professionals would cut 16 copies at a time.

BTW, whoever said that a Duo-Art player contains two 4-bit D/A converters
was right on the money.  An earlier German system, the Welte, used a pair  of
analog integrators, also made from bellows.  Another US company, Ampico,
combined the two systems, setting the playing level "digitally" Dan using the
"analog" for smooth, human-like volume gradations.
--Mike K.