[Coco] More chips

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sat Mar 11 21:49:39 EST 2006

On 11 Mar 2006 at 16:37, Paul T. Barton wrote:

> Chester,
>
> --- Chester Patterson <vchester at setec-cr.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi again, more chips pop out of the boxes. Please help me to ID them.
> > Thanks. /Chester
> >
> > 24 pin SS/0298
> >        MM58167N
> >
> > 40 pin Hitachi 8L1  J
> > 	 HD637AO1VOP  JAPAN
*****

Hitachi's second source of the Motorola MC68701 processor. Internal EPROM that
is UV erasable. The 6801 is the predecessor to the HC11.

> > 24 pin Motorola MC14411P
> > 	 8130

*****

Baud rate generator for RS232 chips.

> > 28 pin Motorola MC68840P
> > 	 R5A8136

******

FDDI Integrated Systems Chip. I believe obsolete.

> > 24 pin AM9511A-4DC
> > 	 /AM9511-4DC
> > 	 8042DP
> > 	 �1979 AMD

FPU produced i n the late 70's early 80's by AMD. Not IEEE 754 compatable. DOes
only single precision FPU calculations.

> > 22 pin 93L422DC
> >        F 8118 Singapore
>
> 16x4 sram, 4x in separate from 4x outs.
> Used to make 2MB interface boards for coco3's.
> Fast enough, usually 25-40ns.
> How much per chip?
>

> > The following are all smaller DIPs
> >
> > CD4512BE-RCA849

******
8 chanel buffered data selector.

> > MC14069UB Motorola CP Q7914

CMOS hex invertor.

> > MC1372P Motorola L8432
> Used in coco1 & 2's for the video out ckt.
> Circuit can be modified for NTSC out.
>

> > N8T28N 8033 SA
> > N8T98N 8001 SA
> Motorola type bus drivers, tri-stateable.
>

> > Eight MT4264-15
> DRAMS
>
> > Two MI-6514-9 8037
>
> EOF