[Coco] Trying to ID CoCo 1 board.

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 21:11:30 EST 2006

Mike Pepe wrote:

> Phill,
>
> Correction, I meant E board.
>
> D boards only have 4 and 16k options.
>
> E boards have 32k options, but not a 64k option. If it has a high/low
> jumper, its an E board.

Cheers for the info, got it upgraded to 64K tried to boot Nitros, bang
fell over...looked at the tech ref and found that like the Dragon 32, if
you upgrade to 64K, you have to patch the enable on the LS138 decoder to
stop the rom being enabled, did that, and it now boots Nitros fine :)

Odd my other CoCo 1, also a 16K when I bought it, didn't need that, must
have been the later "F" board.

Phill.