[Color Computer][Coco] DLOAD mystery

Bob Devries bdevries at gil.com.au
Tue Mar 7 23:53:23 EST 2006

George,
I have seen the mechanical switch selector setup you're referring to, and it
was not implemented using the RS-232 port, but rather the cassette port. The
controller could send the file to "all" or select a particular output to
send to.

The "master" computer was the only computer in the classroom with any
storage capability, usually in the form of a single floppy drive, and the
"student" computers were all connected to the control box via the cassette
port, and the relay of the "student" computer controlled an LED to show that
the student had typed the required CLOAD or CLOADM command.

A friend and I wrote a rather involved programme to give the teacher more
user-friendly control over the "master" computer, doing much of the work of
selecting and sending the files for him.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.