[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 31, Issue 23

Tony C cappy2112 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 17:08:15 EST 2006

Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:28:26 -0800
From: Kevin Diggs <kevdig at hypersurf.com>
Subject: Re: [Coco] RE: Tandy Hard Disk Controller
To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>

       >>Huh? I thought by definition in the SCSI spec everything had to
have a
>>SCSI id? Is there a short cut that I am not aware of?

You are correct. Every device needs a unique SCSI ID, but on many of the
very old (someone mentioned an old Adaptec SCSI interface recently), the
address of the host was hard wired to 7, with no easy way of changing it
other than cutting traces/soldering. This gives the false impression that
there is no ID fo rthat adapter, since it is not user settable.