[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

Glen VanDenBiggelaar glenvdb at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:52:02 EST 2006

Just had to jump in here.
Around Christmas, an "official" Tandy one poped up on Ebay, in the box with
instruction sheet and cable. In the first hour, the bidding jumped up to
$50. If I recall correctly, it went for about a buck and a half and some
change. - A lot of money to spend on a controller and I Know now the MFM
drives are hard to get, but a SASSI? I don't think I ever saw one up on the
bay!
I recently read a very good article about Hard drives for the CoCo in
Rainbow (I can't remember what issue it was, but I will dig it out and put
it on my website soon-Probably my "More Marshmallows" page for March). My
advice is wait for Mark and Boisy to get the Superboard done, or spend a bit
of money on an IDE controller. The smaller drives can be had for a song. I
recently got a "BigFoot" 5 1/4 inch dive (3 gigs) for free. This drive will
slide nicely in a Floppy drive case and its thin (under an inch), so a
floppy and easily go with it in the case and have everything all tidy.
-Just my 2 cents
-Glen

Be sure to stop by
www.coco.8bit-micro.com
Proud Microsoft Supporter, User and Tech since 1982