[Coco] Tandy Hard Disk Controller

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Fri Mar 3 15:11:46 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net>

> Heh.  My impression was that they loaded a board and stuck it in a coco
> cartridge case, then priced it outragiously high specifically to
> discourage the coco from ever being used in business environment.
>
> I could be wrong, but that was my take on it at the time, Neil.

If you look at the true costs of all of the computer items they sold, my
impression was that they made a mint on all of them. I recall store markups
of around 90% on some items, i.e. cost was $1.10, sell price was $15. I
think they set this high to
A) Steer you to other systems
B) Make as much as they could.

Neil