[Coco][Color Computer] CoCo video?

George's Coco Address yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com
Thu Mar 2 22:01:37 EST 2006

  My CoCos are tools. I use them to supplement my productivity.

  I use my main coco3 (with hard disk and com ports, 6809) to facilitate my
inability to write a program on this XP-Pro box.
  I can write a program(B09) to do what I can't do on this PC.
  I use the PC to develop the files I need. I transfer these files to my
coco. Then, my B09 programs process these files into what I need to do for
my "task at hand" and then transfer the results back to this PC. From there
I can enjoy the result of "time saved".

  Believe it or not!

 My coco is my REAL workhorse when this gig+ PC can't help me.

 So there! PTPTPTPT

 Now, if I knew how to write a real program on this XP-Pro box, I wouldn't
need the coco as much as I do now, but I cannot replace these old boxes.
It's too darned easy to interface them with the real world. The expansion
slot is simple, slow and easy to wire up. I don't have to think about eddy
currents, inner electrode capacitance and cross-coupling or radiation as I
would with this high powered PC.
 My cocos would NEVER interfere with my satellite receiver, my TV, my
radio.... well maybe AM radio....

 D'ya want to build a super expansion board? That's cool. I don't need it. I
already have all I need to do what I need. Anything more is frivolous.

 However, I do not have the same needs as do other folks, so all this is a
moot point for those folks who want more.

 I do wish to obtain(later) some of the Cloud-9 stuff....
 I will eventually require the IDE interface, once my SCSI drives die.
 I would like to have the PC keyboard interface so I can lose the dying coco
keyboards I have.
 I think the flash card thing would be fun also. I might could use that on
my "Darkroom Coco" instead of the floppy.  Unfortunately, the memory card
reader/writer has to use the IDE interface. I do not need a card
reader/writer for this application.  The main coco WOULD need the IDE card
with the reader/writer to feed my other coco. The other(darkroom coco)
wouldn't need a disk drive it could use the card interface to boot OS-9.
 The memory card reader/writer would be nice if it was just a stand-alone
interface. That's what I would like to have. I could move programs between
the two cocos more easily(SneakerNet). The whole OS could be on the card and
anything I want to modify would be easy and fast. ( Of course, this would
take a ROM update)

 My main coco with the hard disk is where I develop darned near all my B09
software. The darkroom coco is the recipient of these efforts(via floppies).
I would trust a memory card over the floppies any day.

 I don't use any of the COM programs to transfer files to and from the coco
and this PC. I use SHELL.  Some of the utilities that came with the "OS-L2
BBS" system I bought years ago,  work fine to move file back and forth.

 I love those utilities that came with this package.

 I use Hyperterm to talk to OS-9. It's like having a coco on my PC.

 My coco is a remote computer that I can use on this PC!

 NOT the other way around.

 I LOVE OS-9!!

George