[Color Computer][Coco] CoCo video?

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at hotpop.com
Thu Mar 2 16:15:56 EST 2006

The logic is simple. By the time you have added a MultiPak, floppy drives,
hard drive, serial port, ram disk and possibly hacked the inside to use a
6309 and what all else you have a real kluge.

Instead, use the Coco 3 as a keyboard and video display driver (and cassette
support) and add a box with all that other junk in one package, plugging it
in via the ROM slot. Much neater and more reliable as bits aren't likely to
fall out! You can run OS-9 of course; and for Color Basic much of what is in
the box could still be accessible. I'd even have a slot in the box for the
ROM paks, and perhaps an internal one for the Speech/Sound Pak which is too
complex to replace IMO.

Neil