[Coco] Ran across an interesting book today...

Boisy Pitre boisy at boisypitre.com
Wed Mar 29 16:15:58 EST 2006

Man I love the library here on the UL campus!  Every day I spend time
here working on projects or class work.  To take a break, I get up,
walk around and peruse the many books in the computer sciences and
engineering section on the second floor.  They've got everything from
all back issues of 80 micro (in nice binding) to Byte magazine and
others.  I get a kick out of thumbing through the Family Computing
back issues and seeing the ads for the CoCo 3.

Today, one book caught my eye: "What Every Engineer Should Know About
Microcomputer Systems Design and Debugging" by Bill Wray and Bill
Crawford, two Motorola engineers.  This book discusses the 6809
exclusively and really goes into some significant detail on issues
encountered when building a system around the microprocessor.  The
book is a bit dated (1984) but may have some applicability to what is
going on with Mark's work and the interest it has created here on the
list.

If anyone is interested, the ISBN is 0-8247-7160-5 and its available
used on amazon.com.

Regards,
Boisy