[Coco] Re: Coco Digest, Vol 31, Issue 64

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 06:43:22 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006,  Frank Pittel wrote:

> A few days ago I was going through an archive of mail sent
> to this list and noticed a thread lamenting the low number
> of people developing software for the Coco. In my mind I
> combined that with the number of people using Coco emulators
> and started to wonder if people actually used their Coco
> and if so for what.
>
> Do you use it to play games, custom software that's never
> been ported to newer more modern computers, nestolgia,etc?

Usually stay away from emulators, keep a cuple of them mostly for
quick look-see things but 90% of my CoCo use is with the real thing:
have a CoCo 1 F board and a 512k CoCo 3 as the main machines at home.
Do have a few CoCo 2s but those are right now in storage.

On the CoCo 3 I still use Deskmate 3 at least on a weekly basis to
keep sort of a log of my activities; then games would be the second
category of usage followed closely by whatever OS9L2 I can try out.
Gaming is also the main usage of my F board CoCo 1, followed up
closely by some OS9 L1 prodding.

I do have a couple of Basic programming projects that may be picked up
as I settle down in my new location... it's been crazy for the last
two years and following a 2,500 miles relocation in early 2004 I
finally 'settle' down for what I hope to be by place for a good time
coming. I just finished setting up my CoCos desk yesterday evening!

-=[ Rogelio ]=-