[Coco] Radio Shack STAMP Developer's Kit

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Fri Mar 24 23:52:29 EST 2006

Say, apropos the recent discussion of the STAMP and other micro controllers
-- just today I found, hanging on the wall at the local Shack, an $89
developer's kit for a STAMP, including small PC board with prototyping sockets,  a
textbook, and presumably the PC software to talk to it over the RS232 serial
port.

Anyone try this?  Is the STAMP any good for fast data processing, like
serial port data (as in MIDI), or is it restricted to slow events such as toy
robot control?  There was a second kit for a small robot that rolls across  the
floor, senses when it hits something, backs away and turns, etc.

Do STAMPs come in families, of slower and faster?  What does anyone  know?
This would be a great chance to get into something, for those of us  who don't
have lots of spare junk Coco 6809 boards and ROM burners (I do have a  classic
ROM burner, but no cheat-sheet for it).

Oh yes, the Shack also sells a small PC board making kit for $15.
Thanks, Mike K.