[Coco] Trying to ID CoCo 1 board.

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 19:27:49 EST 2006

Hi,

Now I have fixed the problem with the keyboard on this machine I want to
try and upgrade it to 64K, it's currently at 16K, and I have a bunch of
spare 4164s, and socketed RAM chips so why not :)

Anyway I'm trying to ID the version of the board, and cannot work out
which version it is, the number under the cartrage port is :

"8709222  A"

The board does have 6 jumpers, some marked 4/16m, others 16/64 and the
high/low one I know that the 16/64 ones will have to be in the 64
position to ensure the correct voltage/address line routing and I know I
will have to fit R83, which I presume is in Z7 from the SAM. However I
don't know if I'll have to make any other patches to enable 64K.

I can probably dig out my digicam and take a piccy if that would help ID
it :)

Pictures here : http://daria.bio.warwick.ac.uk/~bshu/CoCo/

Cheers.

Phill.