[Coco] GShell versions & moveable resizeable windows

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Tue Jun 27 13:51:39 EDT 2006

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 11:04:54 -0600, Leon Howell <puritan_2076 at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> What is the difference bettween GShell version 1.26 and 2.0 or 3.2?
> What's the
> last 6809 compatible version, and where can I get it? I know the 2.0
> patch is
> on rtsi, but is it 6809 or 6309?
>
> I've heard that OS-9 version 3 was supposed to have moveable,
> resizeable, and
> maybe even overlaping(?) windows (like Geos, Gem, and that other one I
> don't
> care to remember the name of...;). Does any version of OS-9 or NitrOS-9
> have
> this feature, and if so, is there a version of GSell that supports it?
> How do
> I tell if I already have it? If I do, how do I use it? I'm using NitrOS-9
> (6809) Level II 03.02.06 and GShell 1.26.

     1.26 I released both 6809 and 6309 versions, but the 6309 version had
a few more things in it. Both have the extended color palette set, etc.
     2.0 and 3.2 were earlier hacks, but I based my version number on Kent
Meyers (1.24 was his last public release, and 1.25 is the code base he
gave me to get started on). 1.25 was part of the Level II upgrade project,
but I don't think (the version I had, anyways) directly supported the
resizable/movable windows from the Level II upgrade. There are some demo
programs that do (the bouncing ball demo is the one I remember).

--
L. Curtis Boyle