[Coco] Cleaning old 5.25" floppy drives

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Mon Jun 26 21:28:00 EDT 2006

The heads, i my opinion, are best cleaned with a cotton swab and
isopropal alcohol. I use Walgreen's 90% alcohol and not the run of
th emill 70% varieties. Evaporates with less residue. Use that to
clean my optics for astronomy also.

Caustion is to not get the swap too full of alcohol and not to press
hard against the heads. Just a light gentle rub, almost the weight of
the swap itself.

james