[Coco] Static RAM in CoCo3?

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Thu Jun 22 11:11:47 EDT 2006

Rumor has it that jdaggett at gate.net may have mentioned these words:

>$100 bucks is a lot for 512K bytes...

$100 isn't nearly so much when you figure that the only new 512Meg upgrade
board one might be able to acquire is thru Cloud-9 for $50, and they're not
shipping right now to prepare for the SuperBoard. Supply & demand, and
all... ;-)

>  considering you can get 512K bytes of SRAM for under $5.

Yes, but if there was a reason that dual-ported RAM was *necessary* than
this is a straw-man argument. If regular SRAM wouldn't work, then the lower
cost is moot.

So James, if I drew up a schematic of a 512K SRAM board, would you check it
over & help me out with the parts that I'm unsure of WRT DRAM?

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
  _±±_                          zmerch at 30below.com
(©||®)  If at first you don't succeed, nuclear warhead
  _)(_   disarmament should *not* be your first career choice.