[Coco] Setting up a hard drive

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jun 20 15:52:32 EDT 2006

Leon Howell wrote:
><snip>
> I have the drivers scsisys_tc3.dr, tcc256.dr, tcc512.dr, tcc1024.dr,
> ddh0_88mb.dd, and h0_88mb.dd. Which tcc do I use? Will the 88 meg descripter
> work with a 40 meg drive?

Not correctly. You need a proper descriptor or you won't access the
drive correctly even if it seems to work. You can use dmode to examine
the 88mb descriptors and then create your own 40meg descriptors with the
correct cylinder, head, and sectors-per-track values.

> When I type "load drivername", that works. If I type "iniz h0" I get an error
> 237, ram full. Ram full? I have 512k! and the module is already in ram! I
> tried linking each module, but it didn't seem to do anything. I tried chd /h0,
> and got another error 237.
It won't work that way for modules that need to be in system space. What
you need to do is merge into a single file the driver and descriptors
that you want to test. Load the merged file and then iniz the
descriptors. You should not get a ram full error.