[Coco] Help! A CoCo2 died on me!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jun 15 18:09:27 EDT 2006

Fedor Steeman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a CoCo2 that worked fine, until I had to transport it by train &
> bus.
> After that, I won't display any image anymore, neither through antenna
> cable, or the composite video output that the previous owner built into it.
> Is it now ready for the scrapheap, or is there still a chance to save it?
>
> Fedor

In all probability, something came loose in the hookup that was added to
get the composite output.  Most of those things were supposed to have a
double-stick tape mounting for the teeny extra board, and some were
solderless installs using clip leads.  Not conducive to staying well
connected when jostled around in transport.

Pull the lid and describe what you have laying in the vicinity of the rf
modulators tin cover, and maybe someone here will recognize it and tell
you how to hook it back up again.

I even have one (there were many variations), in probably the coco2 with
the most hours on it ever on this list, as in 13+ years of 24/7/365
operation imitating a $20,000 dollar Grass Valley Group EDISK for one of
their old 300 series production video switchers.  Unforch, its 1000
miles SE of my present motel room, and about a month away yet, this
antenna repair is going slowly.  Too slowly.

--
Cheers, Gene