[Coco] Re: CoCo network games?

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sat Jun 10 14:02:04 EDT 2006

At 01:03 PM 6/7/2006, you wrote:

>"Fedor Steeman" <petrander at gmail.com> wrote in
>message news:dcc956220606020848w266cc06ex4b397a16f72b158a at mail.gmail.com...
> > Now don't get me started...
> >
> > I am already imagining games where two players on separate CoCo's stalk
>each
> > other in a maze armed with a gun.
>
>Maybe Nick can modify his FPS game, and give us deathmatch! :-)
>
>-Charlie

First, we have to have network capabilities.  Maybe it's the idea of the
CoCo community of friends playing against each other in such a game  no
matter what platform?  To be honest, I don't really see a CoCo-net
happening.  If the SuperBoard would ever be finished, those people who did
purchase it who still have their CoCo systems might be the only ones who
might have the hardware for supporting some kind of connection to the internet.

What if a PC-based multi-player 3-D game were created in a CoCo
theme.  I've done some impressive 3-D world environments and I know how to
do the multi-player support, but I just don't have time for all of these
projects that pop into my head.  When I had plenty of extra time a few
years back I created a HQ solar system, complete with moving clouds on the
Earth, and accurate rotation of the planets, even the angles and spinning,
speeds, etc.  Our moon is in orbit as well.  I'm talking about
NASA-supplied detail, here.  Not cheap graphics, but convincing moving
images of the solar system.  I've toyed with first person perspective 3-D
walk games similar to Doom as well.  Anyway, check out Dark BASIC
Professional if you want to use a BASIC-like language to create stuff like
this that compresses to self-exec's.

--
Roger Taylor