HD crash recovery Was - Re: [Coco] [Color Computer] Vintageworld where are you

Alan Jones ojones at elp.rr.com
Sat Jun 3 15:05:54 EDT 2006

> Alan:
>
> I couldn't agree with you more.  Maybe I have some network
> connectivety issues to fix, but pulling my data off my dying system
> with a USB 2.0 drive was much faster than trying to copy it over to a
> back up system.
>
> If you have spare drives lying around, go down to your local ChumpUSA
> err.. CompUSA or what ever you have locally and get a USB 2.0 External
> drive enclosure and then drop a drive in it and off you go.  You have
> a back up hard drive.
>
> -Jim Cox
> http://www.miba51.com/

Hi Jim, that is exactly what I did! I went to CompUSA and bought the
enclosure. I slapped my Fugitsu drive in the USB enclosure and was able
to backup my important files to my desktop computer. It only cost about
$30 and it is a good investment for future use. I had to put the drive
in  the vertical position or slanted position to get the drive to spin
and copy the files. But it worked. I then put the old drive in the
trash! I plan on buying me a spare notebook drive and putting it in the
enclosure so I will have another backup drive for use at work.

Alan