HD crash recovery Was - Re: [Coco] [Color Computer] Vintageworld where are you

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Sat Jun 3 14:40:36 EDT 2006

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:33:20 -0600
  Alan Jones <ojones at elp.rr.com> wrote:
> Hi Basil,
> I am sorry about your hard drive crash. My Fujitsu
>notebook hard drive bit the dust a couple of weeks ago
>and I replaced it with a Western Digital hard drive and I
>have had no problems...yet. :) I also notice that this
>drive is a lot quieter than the Fujitsu drive and it is
>faster. I ordered my drive from Newegg.com and I am very
>happy with it.
>http://www.newegg.com/index.asp?DEPA=0&CMP=KNC-GoogleAdwords&ATT=www.Newegg.com
>
> The main reason I am writing to you is to encourage you
>to get a external hard drive to backup  your data to. If
> your main hard drive goes down you can still be back in
>business. I bought a Seagate external USB hard drive a
>few years ago and it was a good investment. I
>periodically backup all of my important work and files to
>it. It has more than paid for itself during the last 2 to
>3 years.
>
> I hope you get your computer back up to snuff soon!
>
> Alan
>
> Basil Fitze wrote:

Alan:

I couldn't agree with you more.  Maybe I have some network
connectivety issues to fix, but pulling my data off my
dying system with a USB 2.0 drive was much faster than
trying to copy it over to a back up system.

If you have spare drives lying around, go down to your
local ChumpUSA err.. CompUSA or what ever you have locally
and get a USB 2.0 External drive enclosure and then drop a
drive in it and off you go.  You have a back up hard
drive.

-Jim Cox
http://www.miba51.com/