[Coco] DSKINI problems

Chester A. Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Thu Jun 8 11:41:18 EDT 2006

Hi,

Ongoing saga trying to get my old rig up and running!
Latest version of DISKINI.exe is giving me an awful time.
Starting with perfectly good 1.44mb & 720kb 3.5" disks that MS-DOS and Win98
& 2K format fine at both 1.44 and 720. No errors. I tried the 1.44 disks
just in case, although I figured they'd not work.

>From MS-DOS 6.22 Diskini a: /T80 /D and POW! error track 0. On a couple I
ran dskini Continuous just to see what happens, returns ALL sectors bad.
After that all the disks are bad under MS-DOS and Win (track 0 bad) The
disks are now useless.
I've tried in three different PCs just to make certain it's not the floppy
drives.

I did get the previous version of NOS9 up last week and was suitably
impressed. Pity I deleted the original zip file.

Thanks!

/Chester
Costa Rica

PS - For you soccer lovers, tomorrow Friday 9 June is the FIFA World Cup
openning in Germany. Costa Rica plays Germany in the openning game! This
country I live in practically will shut down for a few hours tomorrow
morning (10-noon) And if we win... It'll be a one heck of a weekend!