[Coco] Coco Europe

Fedor Steeman petrander at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 06:48:35 EDT 2006

Hi Thierry!

Back in the eighties, at the age of 13-14, I ordered a CoCo3 from the US
with money I earned with a paper route. Of course, when it arrived, I could
not get it to fit. In my naivity, I overlooked the differences in display
and voltage. With some help, I hooked it up to a transformator and ordered a
CM-8 monitor that I still own today.

In the latest few years, since my original CoCo3 wasn't working anymore, I
ordered several new CoCo3's to get it right. The first one was a
brandnew-in-box American one. Then I discovered one of those Australian
CoCo3's, which in fact are configured for 240V/PAL, on eBay that I was so
fortunate to win. Shipping was twice the price of the actual item, but worth
it. Now I have a CoCo3 that I can readily hook up to my television would I
want to do that, or -Godforbid- in case my CM-8 dies.

I also inherited a lot of stuff from a prominent member of the former Dutch
CoConut club that unfortunately passed away. Stuff that I shipped up to
Denmark and am still in the process of sorting and thinning out under the
watchful pressure of my wife...

So... If you are looking for a CoCo3 and other CoCo-stuff I can definitely
help you. I have an old American one where the powersupply has been
replaced, so it can readily be plugged in to European 240V powerpoints. The
problems of display remains, however, so you would need a compatible
monitor, or one that can be made compatible, like the Commodore 1084s
series. However, Christopher Hawks (on this list) offered to make a
RGB-to-PAL video adapter for me. I will probably not need it myself, so you
are welcome to overtake my order, and then we can talk about getting you the
CoCo3.

I can also get or borrow you other stuff, like books, manuals and software.
Shipping within Europe is not as high as overseas and you may even be able
to pick stuff in the Netherlands, in Haarlem (North-Holland) to be precise,
which is near Amsterdam.

Cheers,

Fedor