[Coco] Re: Re: Re: Questions about the 502 controller vs the Disto SCII

Charlie chazbeenhad at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 26 12:54:24 EDT 2006

"L. Curtis Boyle" <curtisboyle at sasktel.net>
wrote in message news:op.tdavfwbzmuougd at l-curtis-boyles-17-g4.local...
>      I don't think it has changed, but it is best to actually patch your
> drive descriptor in the boot file itself (DED would work fine for this),
> so that the faster stepping speed is permanent (not to mention in effect
> even when booting). If you patch the BOOT module as well, your bootup time
> will be reduced even more.
>     If you want to do it with DMODE, it would be DMODE /[drivename] STP=3

Thanks so much for the help. I think right now with 3.02.01 my DMODE line in
startup says something like DMODE /d0 DNS=1
or something like that. I'd have to look again tonight.

As for my SCII, I'm working out a trade with Mike, I hope, so the SCII can
be used by someone who would more appreciate its capabilites. :)

-Charlie