[Coco] NitrOS-9 Project Website Update

Roger Merchberger zmerch-coco at 30below.com
Mon Jul 24 13:56:59 EDT 2006

Rumor has it that Robert Gault may have mentioned these words:
>Boisy Pitre wrote:
>
>>Using a new website tool available on Macs, I've updated the NitrOS-9
>>Project web site to reflect a cleaner, fresher look.  The content
>>remains largely unchanged but an updated look was sorely needed.
>>Check it out at: http://www.nitros9.org/
>>-- Boisy G. Pitre
>
>Looks very good but on a dial-up connection the pages load very slowly.

It's not perzactly 'speedy' on a 6Mbit dedicated link[1], either...
"FasterFox" tells me it was an 8 second load time. The downloads page took
12 seconds, and some of the graphics should already have been cached.

For conversation's sake, www.yahoo.com (which I never go to) was 2.2
seconds, 2.5 seconds for www.tomshardware.com and www.coco3.com was a hair
under 4 seconds.

>  I think the looks would not suffer much if lower resolution graphics
> were used. A reduction in both resolution and color would greatly speed
> up the process for those of us that don't have broadband.

I'm glad I didn't [initially] try it at home on my 64K ISDN -- I can try it
tonite & report back if you like...

But it shore is purty!!! ;-)

Laterz,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

[1] It's not DSL or Cable - it's guaranteed 6Mit (partial ATM, IIRC).

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
zmerch at 30below.com.         |